Why become an egg donors?
The longing to build a family and nurture a child is one of the most basic and natural desires for many women. Unfortunately, some women are unable to conceive. For many patients, receiving a donated egg is the last hope for a baby. Most of the time, those considering egg donation have tried everything else to conceive- exhaustive testing, countless appointments with fertility specialists, and strained relationships.
Through the Egg Donation Program at Newlife Fertility Centre, these women are given hope. Because caring and compassionate young women make the ultimate gift by donating their eggs, these women are given the opportunity to conceive, carry and deliver a child.
Who can become an Egg Donors Canada
Anyone who has been screened for communicable diseases as mandated by Health Canada can become a donor.
However, all potential Egg Donors must meet the following basic criteria:
- Age between 21 and 32 years old
- A non-smoker
- Mature and prepared to help a couple have a child
- Have low FSH levels, and at least 6 eggs
The egg donor must use fertility drugs to stimulate the development of multiple mature eggs, whereas the recipient takes estrogen and progesterone to prepare the uterus for embryos derived through egg donation. The sperm of the husband, partner, or sperm donor is used to fertilize the eggs.
Anonymous egg donors canada will go through the following testing procedures before being accepted:
- Medical history and physical examination.
- Testing for infectious diseases.
- Screening for inheritable diseases through family health questionnaire.
They will also be required to sign anonymity consent as well as attend a counselling session prior to donation.
Who are the Candidates to receive donated eggs?
NewLife Fertility Centre facilitates both Anonymous and Known (Designated) Egg Donor programs. These programs allow patients to choose an Anonymous Egg Donor, or to use donated eggs from a woman known to them. These patients may include:
- Women with premature ovarian failure
- Women who have had radiation or chemotherapy
- Women who have had their ovaries surgically removed
- Women who have poor quality eggs for treatment some time.
- Women with genetic diseases or chromosomal translocations that they wish to avoid passing on to their offspring.
- Advanced age
If you are interested in more information about egg donation program, please do not hesitate to speak with anymember of the Newlife team, to discuss this gift of life.