We are now offering Ideal Protein® weight loss program as an independent authorized center carrying the Ideal Protein® Weight Loss Method and its products.
Why Ideal Protein®?
- Personalized ongoing support
- Supported by comprehensive guidelines and tools
- Developed and endorsed by medical doctors
- Weekly personalized weight and measurement progress analysis
- Dedicated coaches provide weekly support sessions and ongoing education
- Exclusively available from Ideal Protein approved health care professionals and trained coaches
- With the Ideal Protein Protocol, you will not only see results, but you will also be provided with valuable educational nutrition knowledge to help you sustain your results on a long-term basis
Weight Impacts Fertility for Women
Being under or overweight can impact fertility in women in multiple ways:
1. Weight can influence menstrual cycles and ovulation. Some underweight women stop menstruating while some overweight women have very irregular menses and ovulation, which makes tracking cycles and attempting conception difficult. Studies show that women with anovulation who reach a healthy weight can start ovulating regularly and have a higher chance of conceiving naturally (5,6).
2. Weight can impact responsiveness to fertility treatment. Studies show that women who are overweight require higher doses of stimulation medication (at a greater cost to the patient) and have lower responses to medication for fertility treatment (7-11).
3. Weight impacts success with fertility treatment. Studies in both humans and animals undergoing IVF show poor egg quality, lower fertilization rates, and lower blastocyst formation (advanced embryos) as BMI increases (11,12). A systematic review of over 27 clinical trials showed that women with a BMI >25 kg/m2 have a 10% lower success rate with IVF compared to women with a BMI <25 kg/m2 (13).
4. Weight impacts the uterine environment and success with embryo transfers. One study in gestational surrogates showed a lower implantation rate in women with a BMI >35 kg/m2 compared to women with a lower BMI (14).
Weight Impacts Fertility for Men
Obesity has been associated with poor sperm parameters on semen analyses, but studies are conflicting on the impact of male obesity on fertility treatment and pregnancy outcomes:
1. Studies have shown lower sperm counts and poor sperm parameters in obese men (20).
2. Other studies have shown lower fertilization rates and blastocyst formation rates in obese men (21).
3. Some studies have shown a lower live birth rate and higher miscarriage rate in couples with obese men (21,22).
Weight Impacts Pregnancy Outcomes
Being an unhealthy weight can increase risks in pregnancy:
1. Being overweight is associated with an increased risk of miscarriage. Multiple studies including over 40,000 patients in analysis have shown the risk of miscarriage increases in women who conceive with a BMI >25 kg/m2 (15,16).
2. Being overweight increases risks for multiple pregnancy complications, including gestational diabetes, hypertension, preeclampsia, preterm delivery, stillbirth, cesarean or instrumental delivery, shoulder dystocia, fetal distress, early neonatal death, and small- as well as large-for-gestational age infants (17-19).
3. Obesity has been associated with higher incidence of multiple birth defects, including heart defects, neural tube defects, and more (2).
For more information regarding the Ideal Protein® weight loss program visit www.idealprotein.com
If you would like to find out more about the program offered at NewLife Fertility Center please call to find out when our next free information session will be.
If you are ready to join the program and book a consultation with a Coach please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-896-7100 ext 190.
NewLife Fertility is an independently owned and operated center authorized to promote and sell Ideal Protein® products and the Ideal Protein ® Weight Loss Method. Consult www.idealprotein.com for more information about the Ideal Protein ® Weight Loss Method and Ideal Protein ® products and services. Any express or implied statement herein that is not made by Ideal Protein itself or is otherwise inconsistent with or different from the express or implied statements contained in www.idealprotein.com materials, including regarding any benefit, performance or specific weight loss expected or achieved with the use of the Ideal Protein ® Weight Loss Method or Ideal Protein ® products or services is made solely by NewLife Fertility, and Ideal Protein specifically disclaims any and all such statements that are not explicitly or implicitly made in, or that are otherwise inconsistent with statements in www.idealprotein.com materials, and Ideal Protein explicitly disclaims any and all responsibility relating thereto.
USEFUL IN WEIGHT REDUCTION ONLY AS PART OF AN ENERGY-REDUCED DIET / UTILE POUR PERDRE DU POIDS SEULEMENT DANS LE CADRE D’UN RÉGIME À TENEUR RÉDUITE EN ÉNERGIE