Microsurgical Tubal Ligation Reversal is the procedure through which previously interrupted fallopian tubes are reconnected using the required magnification and technique to achieve a smooth continuous tubal conduit in order for fertilization and normal pregnancy to occur.
Our results have been consistent over the years with a success rate of 100% for tubal patency and 90% for pregnancy rate. The most important factors are the female age, the method of initial sterilization, semen parameters and the presence of other female factors. This stresses the importance of initial evaluation before surgery.
At NewLife Fertility Centre, our physicians are specially trained and have experience in Tubal Reconstructive Surgery to correct tubal abnormalities caused by reasons other than tubal ligation (e.g. endometriosis, infection…).
Which should I choose – a tubal reversal or IVF?”
It is one of the most frequently asked questions we receive. And for us, it’s easy to answer.
Why Ivf is Better
- Choosing IVF means future birth control is not needed, as the fallopian tubes remain tied
- IVF success rates are comparable to a tubal reversal
- IVF is far less invasive
- Tubal reversals require major surgery. IVF does not.
- IVF does not require a hospital stay or extended recovery period
Why We Don’t Recommend Reversals
- They often require major surgery with a hospital stay
- Tubal reversals costs are comparable to IVF but with more risk and less chance of success
- Ectopic pregnancy rates for tubal reversals is 20%
- Ectopic are those that fail & require emergency treatment
- The ectopic rate for IVF is 1%
- The time to pregnancy with a tubal ligation reversal can take many months
- In contrast, IVF is much quicker
- If the reversal surgery cannot correct the tubes, IVF will still be required
Costs: IVF vs. Tubal Reversal
We offer IVF instead of a tubal reversal for a number of medical reasons. But the cost is a factor as well.
A single IVF cycle at our fertility center is comparable to tubal reversal surgery. Furthermore, if the damage to a patient’s Fallopian tubes is substantial and her tubal reversal surgery is unsuccessful, patients will incur additional costs with a subsequent IVF cycle.
NewLife Fertility understands that the financial burdens of fertility treatment can be stressful. We offer a variety of fertility savings programs, including our medication discount program that provides the most affordable programs and refund packages for all fertility care options.
The first step in your path to parenthood is to schedule an initial consultation with our experts, who have performed thousands of IVF cycles and tubal reversal surgeries.
We will help guide you through the process of choosing which surgery or procedure will present the best chance for a successful pregnancy.
We want to thank Dr. Alkurdi for everything she has done for us and helping us finally have our dreams of starting a family
We are so happy we went to Newlife !!! DR.Daya and his team were awesome. We genuinely felt like we mattered and the entire staff was rooting for us! We received important insights into our health and Dr. Daya took the time to carefully explain all processes and procedures. We…