Most women experience a natural decline in their fertility function after the age of 35. Aging directly affects the quality of the egg thus increasing the need to use a donor egg to become pregnant.
Donor egg is one of the highly successful treatments for the patient with low-quality eggs and it is far the best treatment as it utilizes the younger eggs during an IVF cycle. Eggs can be obtained from a friend/family or a third-party egg donor.
NewLife Fertility offers one of the premium and high-quality Donor Egg IVF programs with high IVF success rates making it possible for individuals or couples to realize their dream of parenthood.
Donor Egg Ivf: The Basics
NewLife Fertility Centre facilitates both Anonymous and Known (Designated) Egg Donor programs. These programs allow patients to choose an Anonymous Egg Donor, or to use donated eggs from a woman known to them. These patients may include:
- Women with premature ovarian failure
- Women who have had radiation or chemotherapy
- Women who have had their ovaries surgically removed
- Women who have poor quality eggs for treatment sometimes.
- Women with genetic diseases or chromosomal translocations that they wish to avoid passing on to their offspring.
- Advanced age
Donor Egg: Fast Facts
- Donated eggs are used only with IVF cycles
- For fresh egg donation (a friend/family member), the egg donor takes medications to stimulate egg production and then undergoes an IVF egg retrieval
- For frozen egg donation, eggs are obtained from an egg bank, thawed, fertilized and the resultant embryo(s) transferred into the recipient’s uterus
- A donor’s eggs are fertilized with the partner’s sperm or donor sperm
- Embryo(s) are then transferred to your uterus
If you are interested in more information about our egg donation program, please give us a call at 905-896-7100.