Infertility isn’t easy.
It can be stressful, confusing and frustrating. And when it’s time to consider treatments, a lack of information can intensify any emotions you may already be feeling.
Our fertility doctors, nurses, and clinical team members want you to possess as much information as possible during your initial steps to treatment. Our mission is for you to feel comfortable and confident in your care and to learn more about how our technologies and expertise will give you the best chance for success.
With more than 50,000 babies born since 2005 and a team of experts who regularly join together to solve the most difficult of reproductive disorders, you will have an opportunity to receive world-class care close to home.
What To Expect
Your first appointment is an all-encompassing review of your fertility health, medical history, and reproductive options.
Our fertility experts will take the time to conduct an in-depth evaluation and develop a customized treatment plan that best fits your needs. Whether your circumstances are straightforward or complicated, we will guide you through the course of consultation and lead you on a path to achieving a healthy pregnancy in the shortest time possible.
At your first appointment you will:
- Get to know your fertility doctor
- Have a conversation about your fertility goals
- Discuss your medical history
- Receive detailed explanations and answers to your questions and concerns
- Learn more about the reproductive options that may be suited to your needs
- Meet your nursing team
- Develop a fertility plan
- Arrange for future testing
It’s extremely helpful for you to have a strong social support system. For couples, we strongly encourage both partners to attend the first appointment together. It’s quite important for both partners to have a full understanding of the journey ahead because infertility affects men and women equally.
If you are single, think about asking a close friend or family member to attend with you, if it feels right. Bringing along ‘another set of ears’ can help you to process important information.
Who You Will Meet
Our goal is for you to leave your first fertility appointment in a confident frame of mind and with a clear, hopeful understanding of your action plan.
At your first appointment you will meet with:
- Your NewLife Fertility doctor, who will gather information and create an individualized care plan to help you achieve your fertility goals
- Your fertility nurse, who, alongside your doctor, will assist in carrying out your unique treatment plan
- Your financial coordinator, who serves as a liaison between you and your insurance company. She will act as your advocate with insurance companies and find creative ways to minimize costs and financial stress
Have questions about your fertility? We can help!
Don’t hesitate to contact us at any time by phone at 905-896-7100 or via email by clicking here
At the heart of your first appointment is an open, honest discussion that will help us take the first steps toward an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan.
Maximize Your Visit
Many people, in general, are shy about asking too many questions. When it comes to your first fertility visit, we want you to be comfortable with asking as many questions as you can think of.
Especially if it means asking the same exact question ten different times.
The goal of our first meeting is to ensure you clearly understand the topics we discuss and are confident with any diagnosis or future treatments that may be a good fit for your unique circumstances.
In an effort to give you a head start, below are a handful of potential topics and questions we may discuss:
- Length of time you have been having sex without birth control
- Length of time you have been actively trying to get pregnant
- Frequency of intercourse
- Duration and symptoms of your typical cycles
- Any previous experience of miscarriage
- Genetic diseases in your family histories
- Any previous medical or fertility treatments
- Recent changes in body weight
- How you, as a couple, are dealing with infertility