Are You Considering the IVF Process in Ontario, Canada?
NewLife Fertility Explains the IVF Step-by-Step Process
NewLife Fertility Centre aids in the IVF process in Ontario, Canada. We only hire trained professionals who can provide you with the utmost optimal healthcare for pregnancy. Our team prioritizes educating our patients so they understand the entire journey of choosing fertility treatment. Your story is relatively easy for us to handle, and most of our treatments are proven successful with each individual we see. In addition to in-vitro fertilization, we offer services for donor sperm, embryo freezing, and more. We understand the difficulty of the pregnancy process and respect your well-being during treatment. Contact our fertility clinic today for your appointment.
What Is IVF?
IVF (in-vitro fertilization) is a reproductive method couples use when struggling to conceive naturally. It models the natural fertilization process by uniting sperm and eggs in a petri dish within a controlled environment. Once this is performed, the most successful embryos are transferred to the uterus for implantation. The additional embryos are either discarded, or we can freeze the eggs for later use.
Who Qualifies for the IVF Process?
IVF is a complex and expensive procedure and may be a better option for some. However, it is worth looking into the process if you have dreams of conceiving and starting a family. It’s essential to work with a fertility specialist to decide if IVF is the right choice for you and your partner. They will be able to inform you about the risks, benefits, and costs associated with the procedure. People who tend to use in-vitro fertilization include the following:
- Couples who are having difficulty conceiving a child naturally use IVF. If one or both have a medical condition affecting their ability to conceive, this option is beneficial.
- IVF may be used if a woman has had her fallopian tubes removed or is at risk for passing on genetic disorders.
- The process for IVF can be used by same-sex couples or single individuals wishing to conceive a child using donor eggs, sperm, or embryos.
What Are the IVF Process Steps?
There are many steps to the in-vitro fertilization process to approach a successful outcome. Your healthcare before, during, and after the procedure is crucial for proper optimization. Discover the following steps to starting a family with assisted treatment:
- Ovulation Induction – A woman will receive hormonal medications to stimulate her ovaries to produce multiple eggs.
- Egg Collection – When the eggs are mature, they are collected through a minor procedure that involves a needle passing through the vaginal wall to reach the ovaries.
- Sperm Collection – The male partner will provide a semen sample that will be used to fertilize the eggs. A sperm sample can also be obtained from a surgical procedure.
- Fertilisation – The eggs are mixed with sperm in a petri dish, and the fertilization process is closely monitored to ensure that it is performed successfully.
- Embryo Development – The fertilized eggs remain in a controlled laboratory for several days to allow them to develop into embryos.
- Embryo Transfer – One or more embryos are transferred into the uterus through the cervix using a thin catheter.
- Pregnancy – Approximately two weeks after the embryo transfer, a pregnancy test is conducted to confirm whether the IVF cycle was successful.
- Follow-Up Appointments – These appointments are essential to prevent complications and answer any questions.
What Are the Benefits of IVF?
In-vitro fertilization offers several benefits to couples who are struggling to conceive naturally. Some of the benefits of IVF include the following:
- Increased Chance of Pregnancy – IVF can help couples trying to conceive for an extended time. This process offers a higher chance of pregnancy than other fertility treatments.
- Timing Control – This route for pregnancy allows couples to have greater control over the timing of conception. They can choose when to begin the IVF process and can plan accordingly.
- Donor Eggs, Sperm, or Embryos – IVF allows couples to use donor eggs, sperm, or embryos if needed, which can help them overcome fertility challenges.
- Genetic Disorder Testing – In-vitro fertilization provides the opportunity for pre-implantation genetic testing, which can help prevent the transmission of disorders to babies.
- Emotional Well-Being – The process can be emotionally exhausting for couples struggling to conceive. IVF can provide a sense of control over the situation and offer hope for a successful pregnancy.
What Are the Complications of IVF?
IVF is generally considered safe, but like any medical procedure, it does carry some risks and complications. This is why we thoroughly evaluate your case for optimal care and educate you before proceeding with treatment. Some of the possible problems that can arise with in-vitro fertilization include the following:
- Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS) – This occurs when the ovaries over-respond to the hormonal medications used during ovarian stimulation. It can result in symptoms of abdominal pain, bloating, and fluid buildup in the chest or belly.
- Multiple Pregnancies – Using fertility drugs during IVF increases the chances of multiple pregnancies, which can lead to risks for the mother and fetus.
- Ectopic Pregnancy – This pregnancy happens when the fertilized egg implants outside the uterus, most commonly in the fallopian tube. If you experience this, you should consult your doctor due to life-threatening risks and treatment.
- Birth Defects – There is a slightly increased chance of birth defects in babies conceived through IVF versus those born naturally.
- Ovarian Torsion – This is a rare occurrence where the ovary twists and cuts off its blood supply following IVF.
- Emotional & Psychological Effects – IVF can be a stressful and emotionally draining process where many couples experience anxiety, depression, and other psychological effects.
Choose Our Practice For Your Fertility Treatment
NewLife Fertility Centre prioritizes creating a welcoming environment where you feel safe and heard during pregnancy. Everyone should have the opportunity to start a family, and we are here to help you make that happen. We have held a positive reputation for years based on our patient-centered services. This has allowed us to expand to 11 locations across Ontario to reach as many individuals as possible. Your health and well-being are crucial for all process stages, and we understand the sensitivity. Our practice uses the most modern technologies to provide efficient treatment and screening. Our team is available if you’re ready to receive hope for you and your family. Contact us today for your initial consultation.